Combine the fun of a Ducky Kayak trip on the Verde River with wine tasting at the Alcantara Vineyards and you get the idea…the best of two worlds.
- The Water to Wine Experience begins with an approximately 1 1/2 hour Ducky Kayak trip on a scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers.
- Your river trip ends in the shade of giant Cottonwood trees at the confluence of Oak Creek and the Verde River. Here you will take the gravel path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at the Alcantara Vineyards for your wine tasting delight.
- The Alcantara Vineyards is a favorite on the Verde Valley Wine Trail featuring award-winning wines and friendly sommeliers who guide you through the tasting. The Wine Tasting room inside the Tuscan Farmhouse overlooks the vineyards and the rolling hills beyond.
- The Water to Wine Experience features great photo ops, fabulous scenery, abundant wildlife, and excellent wine. You even get a credit for purchasing wine or gift shop mementos. The Water to Wine Experience is truly an unforgettable adventure.
What to Bring
- REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE FOR SURE, we can no longer provide or sell any plastic water bottles for use on public land, but we do have filtered water for refilling!!!!!!
- Big smiles and laughter it’s going to be a fun adventure (River Goddess likes this)
- Clothing that is suitable for the weather conditions
- Change of clothing for after the trip (you will be getting wet)
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet sunhat, sunglasses, and strap, sunscreen, plastic ziplock for phones, camera and whatever you would like to keep try
- Water bottles and quick snacks
- I.D. for wine tasting